Our personal injury law firm is growing and we can no longer handle the personal injury cases ourselves. We formed a partnership with a large personal injury law firm to handle the cases and our focus is now getting as many new clients as inexpensively and efficiently as possible.
- 1 Where Our Personal Injury Clients Are Coming from
- 2 The Difference between Google Ads vs. Our Website and Other Marketing
- 3 The Need for Tracking Leads and Continually Re-Contacting Leads
- 4 Lead Tracking, Call Intake and Conversion Software for Law Firms
- 5 Call Intake and Conversion Services for Law Firms
Where Our Personal Injury Clients Are Coming from
Approximately 48% of our personal injury clients have come from our website 48% from niche marketing for motorcycle accidents and 4% from referrals. In the last year, we retained approximately 2 new clients per week.
With a desire to get a lot more clients, we started advertising with Google Ads. In the first month, a small Google Ad campaign resulted in approximately 1 new case per week with a lot more leads.
The Difference between Google Ads vs. Our Website and Other Marketing
We immediately noticed a big difference between leads from our website and marketing efforts versus Google Ads.
Potential clients who call from our marketing efforts, website or referrals have already decided on two things:
- They know they want to hire a personal injury lawyer: and
- They already decided that they want us.
Potential clients who call from referrals or our marketing efforts call because they know us and want to hire us.
Potential clients who call from our website are also, to some extent, pre-sold. Because they like our website and 1-800-HURT-911® brand, by the time they call, they already want us to represent them. These leads are usually retained immediately by email within minutes.
Google Ads result in many leads who aren’t yet convinced they need to hire a lawyer or who to hire. Many leads are at the very beginning stage where they thought they would just look around a little on Google before they decided to do anything.
Google Ads is different in two ways:
- There are many tire kickers looking around, clicking on Google Ads. Of the legitimate clicks, these are potential clients who haven’t quite decided to hire a lawyer yet or who to hire.
- Potential clients only see only a tiny snippet of an advertisement and don’t know anything about us.
The result is that much money and time is spent speaking to potential clients who do not become a client on the first phone call. Sometimes, several callbacks are necessary to retain a caller. Sometimes, callers never become a client because they hired someone else; we didn’t try to call them enough times; or we forgot about them.
The Need for Tracking Leads and Continually Re-Contacting Leads
Calls from Google Ads (and other advertising) presents the need for a time-consuming process to track the calls and make sure that potential clients have been continuously called, emailed and sent text messages until they are retained or tell us not to call again.
Velocify provides the following statistics:
- Calling a potential client within a minute of lead generation can increase your likelihood of conversion by 391%. Each minute reduces the probability drastically. Calling 30 minutes later reduces the chance to 62%.
- More than 50% of all leads are converted after the first attempt but 50% of all leads are never called back after the first attempt.
- 6 calls is the number of times a lead should be called if not retained. 93% of converted leads are contacted by the 6th call attempt.
CRM Contact Relationship Management software for lawyers does lead tracking, call intake and conversion which make this job less time-consuming, easier and will prevent us from forgetting to call potential leads.
CRM software should also allow personal injury lawyers to automatically send and receive template emails and SMS text messages with images until a client is retained, declined or unsubscribed.
There are also services which will handle the call intake conversion process for your law firm. I believe most of these services are for mass tort cases but at least one of those listed below is for general personal injury.
I’m just now starting to look at the available lead tracking, call intake and conversion software so this article doesn’t yet describe the differences or indicate which one we will choose to go with.
When we decide which software to use, I will update this article with the differences between the available software and services for the call and take conversion process for personal injury law firms.
Lead Tracking, Call Intake and Conversion Software for Law Firms
- Bitrix24 Legal – they actually have a free plan
- Law Ruler
- Lead Docket
- LegallyCRM – starting at $39/month (located in Poland)
- LexisNexis InterAction
- HubSpot CRM – FREE forever (no catch) for up to 2,500 users and 1 million contacts (not specifically designed for law firms)
- Send and receive SMS text and MMS picture messages from HubSpot CRM and Workflows in real-time from local phone numbers $30/month – this definitely needs to be added to HubSpot CRM to increase conversion and ROI
- How to send text messages from HubSpot CRM
- Key features of HubSpot CRM for personal injury law firms
- How to setup and customize HubSpot CRM for law firms
This article by Inbound Law Marketing reviews 13 CRM’s for law firms